Once again, I appeal to you all on behalf of another dear friend, this time, the poet
Dillon McKinsey, and his on air show, “Writing on the Air”, which I have been honored
to appear on. Here’s the deal:
If you make a $75 or more donation to KOOP (make sure you mention it is for “Writing on the Air”),
and then contact me with proof you’ve done so, I’ll ask Dillon about re-appearing on his show, and
dedicate my readings to YOU. If you donate $1500 or more, I’ll write a special spoken word/poem
just for you (or the person of your choice).
Rock on! Community radio keeps communities real!
Following is the info from Dillon on how to donate.
Dear friend of “Writing on the Air”:
“Writing on the Air” tries to help writers write and give audience to those remarkable people
whose works get published. We are for and about creative writers, and helping them write
their way into the creative fabric of our vibrant American culture.
Here are a few benefits and accomplishments of “Writing on the Air”:
* We are a great part of what makes Austin the wonderfully creative Mecca that it is.
* Local authors gain a wider audience and greater exposure with an on air interview and the reading of their works on Writing on the Air.
* Established creative writers from all genres share their work and the genius with an attentive Austin writing community.
* Notable past guests have included:
* Ghibran scholar – Dr. Suhiel Bushrui
* Rumi scholar – Coleman Barks
* The Artist’s Way author – Julia Cameron
* Several Texas State Poet Laureate including Karla Morton & Alan Lee Birkelbach
* Noted author Rupert Issaacson
* Local favorites Liz Carpenter, Sara Hickman, Les McGehee, Billy Brent Malkus, and Sarah Bird
* Noted publisher from Wings Press – Bryce Milligan
* And many others
All creative writing genres are covered, from
fiction, non-fiction, screenwriting to poetry and many others.
This is our only source for an on-air hour of creative writing programming in the Austin area!!!
“Writing on the Air” shares literary treats with its audience every Wednesday at 6-7 PM
Twice a year, KOOP Radio conducts an on-air Membership Drive to help raise these essential operating funds.
Our Fall 2009 Membership Drive begin this Friday, August 28. We need to raise just over $50,000.
Your gift is tax deductible, and any amount will be deeply appreciated. If you would like to make a donation there are several ways it can be done.
You can send your donation to:
1909 Hollow Ridge Drive
Cedar Park, TX 78613
and he’ll be sure it gets to KOOP and is credited to the “Writing on the Air” show effort
(plus, then he’ll know it’s from you and I can give you a shout out/write you a poem for on the air!!!)
OR you can call the Radio station during on-air hours at 512-472-5667
or outside of Austin, toll free at 888-917-5667.
BE SURE TO TELL THE PHONE ANSWERER YOUR DONATION IS IN SUPPORT OF “WRITING ON THE AIR.”
Any amount is appreciated. Please help Dillon, help KOOP Radio, and help keep good literature alive and well on 91.7 FM.
PS If you do make a donation, please advise KOOP so ” Writing on the Air” is credited with all donations made.
This has an influence on their programming standing at the station. Thanks again!